Loans Do you need to Read more [...]
Founded in 1997, Sierra Angels is a premier angel investment group with principal focus in Northern Nevada and the I-80 corridor of Northern California. Headquartered at Lake Tahoe, Nevada, we are located in one of the most business-friendly states in the country.
Is Angel Funding Right for Your Company?
Angel investment is the “right” source of funding for only a small proportion of entrepreneurial businesses. When considering yourself for investment by an individual angel or angel group, ask yourself these key questions:
- Am I willing to give up some amount of ownership and control of my company?
- Can I demonstrate that my company is likely to realize significant revenues and earnings in the next 3-7 years?
- Can I demonstrate that my company will produce a significant return for investors?
- Am I willing take the advice from investors and accept board of director decisions I may not always agree with?
- Do I have an exit plan for the company that may mean I’m not involved in 3 – 7 years?
We will evaluate your company according to the following criteria:
- Preferred Industries:
- Clean energy & green technology
- Computing and Communications
- Health Sciences
- Mobile and Web 2.0
- Technology (other than above)
- Selective Other Investments
- We have a preference for businesses located in Nevada, California, or other nearby locations
- Technology/Competitive Advantage:
- You should have unique products with proprietary technology that meet important needs
- You might have patents or other Intellectual Property barriers to entry
- You have clearly articulated, sustainable competitive strategies
- Market and Scalability:
- The market you are addressing should be a rapidly growing market sufficiently large to create a business with over $50 million in annual revenues
- Management & Strategy:
- You should have a proven management team with relevant successes
- You should have credible & balanced Business Plans including key execution milestones
- You should have realistic, achievable financial projections and high ROI
- Use of Proceeds:
- Capital needs of $250,000 to $2,000,000 to accomplish significant business milestones that will attract the next level of funding (if/when required)
- Valuation and Expected Returns
- We look for investments that provide a likelihood of a 5-10X return within 3-5 years.
- Fit with Sierra Angels:
- Your company should meet the other conditions stated here
- You and your team should display a desire for advice and coaching